Wednesday 28 August 2013

Dancing With Myself: MIKE MONSON interviews MIKE MONSON




Is it strange to interview yourself?

Well … it wasn’t until you brought it up. Jeez, thanks a lot man.
What an asshole.

Jeez, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean anything by it, I was just asking.
Jeez.

Do you have to say jeez so much, that’s my thing, jeez.

How about this, I’ll stop if you stop, okay?

Je—okay. So are we going to start this interview or what?

So, I hear that you have recently put together a book of all your short stories, 23 in all, 17 of which were previously published on line (Yellow Mama, Out of the Gutter, All Due Respect, Literary Orphans, Shotgun Honey, Revolt Daily) or in print anthologies (All Due Respect, Near to the Knuckle, Out of the Gutter 8, Flash Fiction World) and that it is available on Amazon for Kindle at this link (UK). Is all this true?

Yes, yes it is. Hey, you seem to know a lot about me. I like that about you.

Yeah, whatever. What are your favorite crime and noir novels?

Wow, put me on the spot why don’t you?

It’s a simple question. People want to know.

Okay, but none of them are famous.

Doesn’t matter, spill it you sonofabitch.

Okay, not in order: Piggyback, TheBitch, Just Like That,
Graves, Dope Sick, The WrongMan – stuff like that. Simple,
fun books put out by indies.

Enough of that crap, what is new with your awesome writing
career?

My book The Scent of New Death is supposed to come out from
Out of the Gutter in November. Pretty soon I’ll get to see the final
edit and the cover. I can’t wait. I hoping this one guy does the
cover art but he hasn’t let me know yet. Please pray for me.

I thought you were an atheist?

Oh, right. Then, put out good thoughts into the universe for me or
some shit like that.

This is fascinating. What else?

I’m writing a new novel.

Wow, that is great! I can’t wait to see it when you are done.

Me too.

Well, let me know when it is finished.

Believe me, you’ll get the first look.

1 comment:

  1. Monson's done it! Went over to the darkside from the darkside with the help of his inner friend . . . er . . . fiend . . . er . . . imaginary opposite (yeah, yeah, that's it!). Seems they might really know each other on this plane though because that list of books seems like the kind of books that Mike Classic would like whereas a couple of them look like novels New Mike would like. Ot maybe there's an Other Mike emerging. I don't know. But I'm scared. And I like it. All three of me and the oyster too.

    ReplyDelete